- 4 large egg yolks
- 3 large eggs
- 1/2 cup fresh lemon juice
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) unsalted butter, diced
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 1/4 cups finely ground gingersnap cookie crumbs (about 25 cookies ground in processor)
- 2 tablespoons dark brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon minced crystallized ginger
- 5 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
- 3/4 cup chilled heavy whipping cream
- 3/4 cup crème fraîche
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 1 tablespoon finely grated lemon zest
- 1 cup water
- 2 tablespoons seedless blackberry jelly
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- Flowers from 2 sprigs lavender (or 1 tablespoon dried lavender)
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1/2 lb blackberries (about 2 cups)
Day 2: Make the crust. Heat the oven to 350°F. in a medium bowl, mix the cookie crumbs, sugar, and ginger until blended. Stir in the melted butter, blending until the mixture is evenly moistened. Transfer crumb mixture to a9-inch springform pan; press the crumbs firmly and evenly onto bottom and 1 inch up the sides of the pan. Bake until crust is firm and slightly darker in color, about 8 minutes. Let the crust cool completely.
Make the lemon crème fraîche. In a medium mixing bowl, use an electric mixer to beat the whipping cream, crème fraîche, sugar, and lemon zest in large bowl until stiff peaks form.
Spoon half of the lemon curd and half of the lemon crème fraîche into a large bowl. Using a rubber spatula, gently fold curd and lemon crème fraîche together, just to create a marble effect. Spoon the mixture into cooled crust. Repeat with remaining curd and crème fraîche mixture. Using tip of a table knife or a teaspoon, swirl and pull mixture upwards in peaks. Refrigerate the tart for at least 1 hour and up to 4 hours.