10.31.2009

hey everyone!

I hope fall has been treating you well.

I've been a little (well a LOT) flaky about my newsletters, but I have a very good reason. (I'm not going to share that just yet. Oooh, cryptic.) But I couldn't let November go by without sharing a few of my favorite Thanksgiving recipes with you guys. Thanksgiving is my favorite holiday by far--I love a day completely centered around food! (I mean, most of my days are completely food-centric, but this one is sanctioned, so it's exciting for me.)

So here are a few standards; as usual, there are bonus recipes linked from the blog, so check it out for more of my Thanksgiving table favorites.

And now, to the important stuff. The recipes!

Brined Turkey If you don't like turkey, try brining it. See if that changes your mind like it did mine.

Sage and Celery Dressing I adapted this recipe from the Dean and Deluca cookbook. Their version uses apples and raisins; I don't believe in sweet dressings just on principle. You can add them if you like, but I think my version is The Best Dressing in the World.

Cranberry Relish I didn't understand the draw of cranberry sauce until I had one made from fresh cranberries. I make this one even when there's not turkey to go with it!

Burnt Caramel Pumpkin Pie Full disclosure: I would eat caramel on just about anything. Here it adds depth and velvety texture to what is otherwise a pretty traditional pie.

Hope you all have a wonderful and safe Thanksgiving holiday!

Best
Sara
Lightbulb Oven

No comments: